Condo Bathroom Renovations in Toronto & GTA
While condominium ownership is on the rise in Toronto & GTA, renovating your own condo is actually trickier than you may think. To renovate your condo bathroom you will need to obtain permission from your condominium building before you start renovation work and to do that you will probably need at least a basic plan.
You will also need to follow all of your condo’s specific rules and guidelines as well as applicable laws, and check for whether you need to obtain any permits from the City of Toronto, to make sure you do not incur any legal expenses or don’t have re-do your bathroom in order to rectify potential violations.
Condo Bathroom Renovation Requirements in Toronto
Here are only some of the important considerations to keep in mind when renovations a condo bathroom in Toronto:
- You will need your condo board’s permission;
- You are typically not allowed to renovate / change and common areas of the building;
- Materials can be limited to what’s approved by the board;
- Noise levels and work times are typically limited to certain time slots;
- Your condo may have specific rules around material disposal;
- Plumbing and electrical options may be limited by your condo.
There is a lot more that goes into renovating a bathroom in your Toronto, this is why hiring a professional bathroom renovation team right from the get-go is essential and will make your overall condo washroom renovation experience painless and the end result satisfying.
What Does A Condo Bathroom Renovation Cost in Toronto?
It’s an important question that requires a proper and detailed assessment. The cost will depend on your needs, materials used, how much work is requested, and more. That’s why we will come to your condo to make an assessment and provide you with a free work and material estimate.
Overall, the average cost of a bathroom renovation project in Toronto costs $15,000 CAD, but to get a better idea of your own cost, please read our bathroom remodeling cost article.
How Long Does A Condo Reno Take In Toronto?
While there are typically fewer changes you can make to your condo bathroom than to a house bathroom (due to layout restrictions and condo rules around certain elements), timelines are typically in line with a house bathroom renovation because of condominium time rules.
Just like with costs, bathroom renovation timelines vary depending on the size of your condo washroom and the complexity of the desired project. We will give you our time estimate during the free estimate visit.
Why Should I Hire Happy Bathroom Renovation To Remodel My Condo Bathroom?
- In over 10 years in business, we have had hundreds of clients satisfied with their amazing new condo washrooms. You can read their reviews on Google and HomeStars;
- We know condo renovation rules and regulation and will make the process painless for you;
- Over the years we’ve developed a wide range of material suppliers that provide us large discounts that we share with our clients;
- A free estimate is provided with no commitment from the client;
- Our pricing is transparent and is easy to understand;
- Our specialists are licensed and insured;
- We make sure to prepare your home for our renovation projects to protect floors and other surfaces from dust and scratches.
Submit your review
We hired Eugene and his team to do a renovation of a small second bathroom in our condo. This was a small space to work with, and there were some condo building code restrictions to work within, but they were professional, knowledgeable, gave great advice and were generally amazing to work with! They kept the work site inside our condo clean and tidy, as well as the building shared spaces, were prompt to reply via text or phone call when we had questions and were respectful and accommodating of the fact that I had to continue to work from home while the project was ongoing. They kept the project within budget and completed it within the agreed upon time frame. We are extremely pleased with the final product and can’t recommend Eugene, Anton and team highly enough!
I had recently done renovations with Happy Bathroom Renovation in my condo unit. They did an excellent job and the result turned out very neat and beautiful. I had the whole bathroom redone and kitchen floor tiles with backsplash as well. Eugene and his team are very professional and responsive. I knew that I could always reach them if I had any concerns and they would provide a professional solution.
This was my first condo purchase and they made it just how I envisioned.
I would highly recommend Happy Bathrooms if you're considering renovations!